ARC Adoption North East believes that every child deserves the right to grow up in a nurturing and loving family who will support them through childhood and prepare them for adult life.
Our primary mission is to increase the number of nurturing, loving adoptive families available to the many vulnerable children in our society who are unable to live within their birth families.
We aim to recruit at least 40 families per year in order to offer a range of placement opportunities to local authorities who are unable to find adopters to meet the individual needs of the children in their care. We intend to increase the number of ‘foster to adopt’ placements available in order to minimise placement moves for children, thereby improving their attachment experience; increase the number of adopters able to consider a ‘concurrent’ placement supporting best outcomes for individual children and increase the number of adoptive families able to consider sibling placements.
ARC Adoption North East operates from the following core values:
- Respect for the individual; child, adult, adopter, customer or member of staff
- Building positive relationships through open & honest communication
- Being open-minded, creative and adventurous
- Encouraging a culture of growth and learning
- Developing a positive ‘team’ spirit
- Strive to do more with less
- Encourage a sense of fun and positivity in all we do