Would you benefit from ARC Adoption’s Therapeutic Adoption Support Service?
ARC Adoption’s dedicated Therapeutic Adoption Support Service team have a wealth of experience working with children, families and networks brought together through adoption.
At ARC Adoption we understand that the adoption journey can bring happiness and joy, and also some surprises, worries and bumps along the way.
The Therapeutic Adoption Support Service offers support to families through the journey of adoption and beyond.
ARC Adoption’s Therapeutic Adoption Support Service helps to ensure that those who choose ARC Adoption to begin their adoption journey and those involved in the adoption journey, including, parents, children, the wider family and education practitioners can feel reassured that they will receive help and support every step of the way.
ARC Adoption Adopters receive access to the Therapeutic Adoption Support Service which includes support with the following topics;
- Stress, worries, anxieties
- Managing behaviour
- Dealing with our emotions
- Life story work and support in having those difficult conversations
- Attachment and trauma difficulties
- Understanding adoption for the wider family
- Managing life at school
- Support for schools
- Adult and child counselling
- Or a friendly face to ask advice, have a chat and a cup of tea
If you are interested in accessing the Therapeutic Adoption Support Service or would like to know more call 0191 5166466 or email email@example.com
Are you looking to commission a professional Therapeutic Adoption Support Service?
The dedicated and professional team at ARC Adoption have a wealth of experience working with children, families and networks brought together through adoption.
The central ethos of the Therapeutic Adoption Support Service is based on best practice, the experience of ARC Adoption’s team of professionals who have delivered support to hundreds of families and the experiences of families who have received support.
The core priorities of ARC Adoption’s Therapeutic Adoption Support Service are to provide;
- A service fully integrated within every step of the adoption process, from initial enquiry through to support for adolescents in established adoptive placements
- Early input to engage families, educate and pre-empt issues before they become entrenched difficulties
- A flexible and fast responsive service where acute needs are identified
- A transparent service, closely involving adopters and social workers in the process and delivery of support
- A broad skill-mix for a truly multidisciplinary approach to adoption support
- Evidenced-based interventions with transparent, reliable and valid monitoring of outcomes
ARC Adoption’s Therapeutic Adoption Support Service includes:
- A range of post approval training workshops together with a comprehensive therapeutic parenting course
- The opportunity to be linked with an experienced Adopter Buddy
- Screening and baseline monitoring package including psychometrics
- Consultation with our Clinical Psychologist
- Theraplay informed practice
- Adopter counselling
- Attachment and trauma focused work
- Additional therapeutic interventions are available including:
- Assessment of therapeutic need
- Clinical Psychologist consultation and direct input
- Child counselling
- Play therapy
- Therapeutic life story work undertaken by certified professionals
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Therapy using Video Interaction Guidance techniques
- Therapy using Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy principles
- Intensive adoptive parent support
- Support for schools
- Facilitated care team case discussions
- Training for professionals and parents
If you are interested in commissioning ARC Adoption’s Therapeutic Adoption Support Service call 0191 5166466 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org