As an Independent Adoption Agency we will target general recruitment of prospective adopters for availability nationally. Therefore we will be receptive to referrals of children requiring adoption.
We have the capacity to work in partnership with local authorities who may be looking at different ways of delivering core services. Outsourcing recruitment of prospective adopters, in part or fully to ARC Adoption North East, is an option we can undertake. Fees would be negotiable so that Local Authorities can make a saving through such an initiative.
We have expertise within the team of conducting parenting assessments and these can be commissioned as part of our work with concurrent placements.
We can work in partnership with Local Authority fostering services to recruit foster carers who are willing to support rehabilitation plans, but who are also willing to consider a dual approval status and thus be able to adopt the child if rehabilitation does not go ahead. The LA fostering team would recruit the carers. ARC Adoption North East would provide training, support and adoption assessment. If the child is adopted then ARC receive two thirds of an agency fee. If the child is rehabilitated, ARC Adoption North East will receive one third of the fee.
Foster to adopt
We have a number of years’ experience of providing “foster to adopt” placements and can recruit, train and support adopters willing to consider such an option on behalf of an agency.
Foster to adopt training
We can provide training to adoption staff on the operation of foster to adopt schemes.
Life Story Work
Members of the team have built up a reputation for providing high quality life story work in very timely fashion. This gained recognition from both Ofsted and the DfE. ARC Adoption North East can provide a complete life story work service for a local authority or if placements are commissioned from ARC Adoption North East then life story work can be undertaken with children earmarked for those placements.
Life Story Work Training
If local authorities prefer to provide their own life story work service we can provide training to those undertaking the work on behalf of the local authority.
Direct work with Children
Our staff have extensive experience of working directly with children in preparing them for adoption and helping them to understand their life narrative.
Therapeutic Post Adoption Support
ARC Adoption North East will provide access to lifelong support to families approved by the agency. For children moving into placement or already placed we can provide assessment of therapeutic needs and the possibility of therapeutic support packages through our links with a clinical psychologist.
The dedicated and professional team at ARC Adoption have a wealth of experience working with children, families and networks brought together through adoption.
The central ethos of the Therapeutic Adoption Support Service is based on best practice, the experience of ARC Adoption’s team of professionals who have delivered support to hundreds of families and the experiences of families who have received support.
The core priorities of ARC Adoption’s Therapeutic Adoption Support Service are to provide;
- A service fully integrated within every step of the adoption process, from initial enquiry through to support for adolescents in established adoptive placements
- Early input to engage families, educate and pre-empt issues before they become entrenched difficulties
- A flexible and fast responsive service where acute needs are identified
- A transparent service, closely involving adopters and social workers in the process and delivery of support
- A broad skill-mix for a truly multidisciplinary approach to adoption support
- Evidenced-based interventions with transparent, reliable and valid monitoring of outcomes
ARC Adoption’s Therapeutic Adoption Support Service includes:
- A range of post approval training workshops together with a comprehensive therapeutic parenting course
- The opportunity to be linked with an experienced Adopter Buddy
- Screening and baseline monitoring package including psychometrics
- Consultation with our Clinical Psychologist
- Theraplay informed practice
- Adopter counselling
- Attachment and trauma focused work
- Additional therapeutic interventions are available including:
- Assessment of therapeutic need
- Clinical Psychologist consultation and direct input
- Child counselling
- Play therapy
- Therapeutic life story work undertaken by certified professionals
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Therapy using Video Interaction Guidance techniques
- Therapy using Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy principles
- Intensive adoptive parent support
- Support for schools
- Facilitated care team case discussions
- Training for professionals and parents
There is expertise within the team of undertaking inter-country adoption assessment and administration. We are able undertake such work on behalf of any local authority charged with this very specialised task.
The formation of a mutual agreement is an option we are happy to discuss further.
If you are interested in any of the services outlined above, or have other requirements you wish to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact us 0191516644 or email email@example.com.